- Computing and Information, Mathematics
- NSDL Staff, Shodor
- Provider Set:
- NSDL Math Common Core, CSERD: Computational Science Education Reference Desk
- Upper Primary, Middle School, High School, Community College / Lower Division, Career / Technical
- Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Diagram/Illustration, Game, Interactive, Lesson Plan, Simulation, Student Guide
- Media Format:
- Interactive, Text/HTML, Video
- Shodor Abstract:
Build your own polygon and transform it in the Cartesian coordinate system. Experiment with reflections across any line, revolving around any line (which yields a 3-D image), rotations about any point, and translations in any direction.
- NSDL Staff Abstract:
In this activity, students graph polygons on a coordinate plane then choose whether to translate, reflect, revolve, or rotate the graph of the polygon. This activity allows students to explore these different transformations in the Cartesian coordinate system. This activity includes supplemental materials, including background information about the topics covered, a description of how to use the application, and exploration questions for use with the java applet.