- Mathematics, Chemistry, Computing and Information, Ecology, Engineering, Forestry and Agriculture, Geoscience, Physics, Space Science, Technology, Social Sciences, Education
- ComPADRE Digital Library, Internet Scout Project
- Provider Set:
- ComPADRE: Resources for Physics and Astronomy Education, Internet Scout Project
- Middle School, High School, Community College / Lower Division, College / Upper Division, Graduate / Professional, Career / Technical
- Material Type:
- Media Format:
- Internet Scout Project Abstract:
Provided by the National Academy Press (NAP), the publishing arm of the National Academy of Science, National Academy of Engineering, Institute of Medicine, and the National Research Council (reviewed in the November 12, 1997 Scout Report for Science & Engineering), this outstanding resource will quickly become a favorite of scientists and researchers in a variety of fields. While there are numerous sites offering excerpts of new books and just as many containing the full text of out-of-copyright works, this site is unique in that it provides the full text of over 1000 recent, new, and even prepublication books from the NAP. The books are offered in several versions, including HTML, image format, and .pdf. Users may browse titles by subject or conduct a keyword search. Subjects include: Biology, Computer Sciences, Education, Mathematical Sciences and Statistics, Science and Ethics, and many others. Users can check the New Online page for the latest published and prepublication books added to the site or sign up for a free email notification service.
- ComPADRE Digital Library Abstract:
This is the home page of The National Academies Press (NAP), created by the National Academies to publish the reports issued by the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Engineering, the Institute of Medicine, and the National Research Council, all operating under a charter granted by the Congress of the United States. The NAP publishes more than 200 books a year on a wide range of topics in science, engineering, and health, capturing the most authoritative views on important issues in science and health policy. In 2011, NAP made thousands of reports available for free download. Access to the cost-free pdf versions is available to registered NAP users.